Remembering Rob Ford

A MESSAGE FROM ROB FORD’S CHIEF OF STAFF
“…With heavy hearts and profound sadness, the Ford family announces the passing of their beloved son, brother, husband, and father, Councillor Rob Ford at the age of 46.
A dedicated man of the people, Councillor Ford spent his life serving the citizens of Toronto. Over his decade and a half in municipal politics, Ford won a devoted following for being a straight talker who championed the average taxpayer…”

Dan Jacobs,
– Toronto, March 22, 2016

VISITATION & FUNERAL DETAILS
MONDAY MARCH 28

8:15 am
Councillor Ford and family will arrive at City Hall
10 am – 6 pm
public visitation, City Hall Rotunda

TUESDAY MARCH 29

7:30 am – 9 pm
public visitation, City Hall Rotunda

WEDNESDAY MARCH 30

10:00 am
staging to begin for processional
10:30 am
Processional to depart City Hall
11:15 am
Processional to arrive at St James Cathedral
12:00 pm
Funeral service at St James Cathedral
1:00 pm
Service ends
6:30 pm
Celebration of Councillor Ford’s life at the Toronto Congress Centre

Special Messages

Share your own message about Rob Ford

(Your comments will be published in the live feed below)

10095 Comments

1. Elizabeth says:

To all of the Ford family members- our heart felt condolences to you. I never had a chance to meet with him but i know he was a leader in his own ways and was a caring , compassionate person who was in politics to do good to others. We are praying for peace . The only other thing i can do for your family is not to order Toronto star again. Everytime they make calls asking whether they want the newspaper i have told them change your editor and i will re-consider.

2. Tasha says:

sadly, I have never met Rob Ford in person but I know he was a good person. I first heard the news on radio as I was driving home after dropping my child at school . I was so saddened by the news. I always admire the Ford family bond. Especially Doug he stood by Rob through the tough time . May Lord bless and comfort Stephanie and Dougie and entire Ford family during this time of grief. Doug, I think you are the perfect candidate for Rob’s seat. Please consider it.
    Please accept my sincere condolences
    Rest In Peace Rob

Tasha .

3. Ariana Patang says:

Dear Ford family,

Rob Ford served the City of Toronto with great integrity and dedication. He believed in equality, transparency, and accountability. He is loved and respected for following through all his promises. He was a man with principles and strong backbone. He did not back off what he believed was the right thing to do, neither did he forsake his values to please certain groups, even powerful ones. We will miss Rob Ford dearly. We pray he is the mayor of heaven now.

4. Bruce and Virginia Gedge says:

Dear Mrs. Rob Ford and family, Doug and family. Our deepest sympathy’s go out to you and yours. We have lived in British Columbia from 2001 until 2010 but both of us grew up in Toronto. Many mayors have come and gone in our lifetime; many good and many we could forget, but Rob Ford will be remembered mostly for being remarkably human on, fortunately and somewhat unfortunately in such a public forum. My wife, Virginia, has been disabled with cerebral palsy since she was born. She has never let it slow her down, getting both a degree in psychology and a Masters in social work. Unfortunately the disabled nation is also a highly visible one; there is no where one can go without being noticed. They struggle daily to be recognized as normal human beings. We followed Rob’s career once we came back to Ontario and often remarked how hard it must be to be a public figure and not be able to be yourself in public. Sometimes we make mistakes sometimes we can make absolute fools of ourselves and sometimes even hurt others by our actions. But is this not representative of us all-all of us humans.
    Rest in peace Rob Ford and thank you for letting us know that we can still be who we are- human.

5. Denyse & Alice Lake says:

God Bless The Ford Family always! Doug please run for Rob’s seat. He would want you to have it. We need another politician who will care for us and we know that will be you! God Bless Rob and his spirit will live on!

Can’t wait to vote for you when you run for Mayor again!

Ford Nation Forever!

6. Lucy Nocella says:

I watched the Funeral on TV. I only wish i was there. How brave Rob Ford’s Family was I loved the speech his daughter said she is the Rock that will keep her brother and mom strong.

7. penny elliott says:

I was so heart broken to hear such sad news that Rob had passed away. I know all to well what this family is going through,I lost my dad to cancer 6 year’s ago today. The pain of losing a loved one is unbearable. May the Ford family find strength and courage each and every passing day to remember the good times and the memories you have shared. My condolences to the entire family. Such a nice service and tribute to Rob wss watched everywhere. May you rest in peace, no more pain. For you are the mayor of heaven now!!!

8. Fiorella t says:

Dear ford. Family my thoughts and prayers are with u i never got a chance to meet rob but i do know he was man who stood up to help the city of toronto just know that rob is in heaven looking down and will always be there in spirt looking over the family god rest his soul he was a great man

9. Paige says:

Rob Ford was truly amazing, He will be so missed by everyone. I believe he was THE KING OF PEOPLE’S HEARTS and will never be forgotten for all the good he did for the little guy. His brother Doug is also an amazing man and helps the poor as well, Hopefully he will run again for Mayor because I am sure he wil get it next time. God Bless his wife, children and family who lost time with him as he was out helping someone who really needed him. RIP ROB, guess God needed another angel in Heaven and he chose you.

10. susan says:

Doug u should run for the seat.i am pretty sure your brother would not want anyone else in that see but u.also keep ur eyes on Micheal he is the next brew of a political leader.good luck with everything u have all of my votes in whatever path u may choose.cause u are a good brother to rob.and u always stand by him.even when u want to smack him on the head in a brotherly messed up way.u stood by him .u should b very proud of yourself u are an outstanding man.

11. Diana Jones-Quintyne says:

I didn’t know Rob personally but what I do know is that he was a great man who loved his people inside out. A great family man with a strong sense of who he was. A real human being with faults as we all are but he never for a moment not lived true to yourself. God bless you. Rest in peace until God comes again.

12. Susan miller says:

To know me is to know that I loved my mayor.yes at the time it was Robert ford.i work at the Toronto airport and even during his lowest times.no one passengers,friends,or even my children knew they couldn’t say an I’ll word towards my mayor.even at work they would joke with me saying “don’t let her call her may or he was fere red to as my uncle at times.yes I loved Mr Robert Ford.though I have never met him.i often called him about my issues and concern.and of course I hot results.he was truly one of a kind.i lost an aunt to cancer and I know it a battle that can consume everything. Today I cried like a baby.for the lost of my mayor.my thoughts and prayers go out to his wonderful children and wife.God will keep u all.and so will the people of Toronto. Susan miller

13. Pamella says:

This has been a truly sad day for Toronto. Rob Ford was a breath of fresh air in politics and a one-of-a-kind Mayor and Councillor. Other leaders have not had the kind of rapport with the general public like Rob Ford had and he also worked on getting rid of as much of the Gravy Train as he possibly could. The response to his death has been overwhelming and has shown how important it is for politicians to relate to the people they serve and not waste tax payers’ money. Politicians seem to act like the money is just there and doesn’t come from the people they are actually working for. It has gotten worse and worse and I hope and pray that what Rob Ford worked so hard to put into place isn’t ripped apart in time and that politicians learn from the response to Rob Ford’s death, e.g. how much people are going to miss him because of how much he cared for the people he served, how he didn’t waste taxpayers’ money and trying to stop the Gravy Train . RIP Rob Ford. You will truly be missed by the people you served along with your family and friends. Hopefully other politicians will learn from your sincere caring and your actually showing and doing what public service is truly about . My sincere condolences to Rob Ford’s family.

14. Pamella says:

15. Maureen says:

Rob Ford was a kind, caring and wonderful man and an honest politician.
    His courage was unwavering.
    He was the John Wayne of City Hall.
    He stood up for his beliefs with great determination and tenacity.

To the entire Ford family, I extend my deepest sympathy.
    Stephanie and Dougie, your Dad’s love is with you forever.
    All of Canada is proud of you. You are both very brave.
    Doug, your brother Rob was a Champion.
    No one knows that, better than you.
    Thank you for always supporting him and being such a great brother to him.
    May God bless you all, at this very sad time.
    I will keep you in my prayers.

Rest in peace, Rob.

Respectfully yours,
    Maureen

16. Nadia Rajram says:

Rob Ford was everyone’s hero he served the public and I remember he asked me if I wanted a ride home to my bus stop I said no because he was on the road thanks Rob Ford you really touch me and my mother my condolences to the Ford family. RIP Rob until we meet again.

17. Maggie says:

It was moving to watch young Stephanie bravely pay tribute to her father who passed away far too young and to feel for little Dougie Ford with his little face buried in his mother’s jacket. Regardless of whether you were a supporter or not one thing that resonates is that Rob was a loved family man,, a man of politics and he was loved regardless of his flaws.

18. amanda says:

My heart goes out to the family of rob ford. I still cannot believe he is gone. I think it is a big joke and I will wake up seeing him on TV talking. I am sorry I never got to visit downtown Toronto during this time to show my support due yo work during the daytime. I didn’t want to go to his celebration at night cause I will feel bad i went to celebrate and not pay my respect. I could say I know of many people that feels very sad they couldn’t go to show their support buts misses him. He was the best mayor Toronto ever and will ever have. He did so much for the people and he never let look back for any thing. All he wanted was to make the people happy by giving them the best of living. I wish he was still here with us. He was like family. Even though am writing this I still hope it is not true. Too sad. I will have to continue later.

19. Tina says:

I would love to have one of his memorial card, if I can. Please could you send me one. Much Thanks

20. liana says:

Sorry to the family if rob ford…watched the funneral today and cryed all through it doug ford u had me in tears.rip rob.you were a good major